Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory and specially designed facilities for industry leading OEMs.
The 165+ highly skilled employees bring together a range of scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets.
The Technology Director is responsible for the overall technology and engineering advancement of Superior Technical Ceramics. They will lead the team of engineers and scientists covering all aspects of our ceramic components from formulation and material manufacture through product and process engineering to deliver innovative product capabilities based on customer input, market trends, and company strategy.
They will play a key role in supporting the company’s growth and profit improvement objectives as a member of the Senior Management Team, and by leading the Materials, Manufacturing Engineering, IT and Quality teams.
- Ideally an Advanced degree in Ceramics or Materials science, Engineering considered.
- 10-15 years of professional manufacturing experience preferred, ideally in the Ceramics industry
- Balanced background of component machining and material development
- 5-10 years of Senior Management experience preferred
- Solid management skills to effectively organize priorities and works under deadlines to produce high-quality results.
- Proven track record of delivering results, having taken materials and new products from concept to production volumes
- Demonstrated business acumen with business case development required
- Strong principles, and working experience, of lean management systems and coaching team members
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities and objectives
- Able to meet deadlines in a high-paced work environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to lead change and drive results.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite, emphasis on Excel.
- Strong communication and persuasion skills with the ability to work cross functionally.
- Ability to travel potentially 10-20% of the time
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Lead the design and creation of new materials, and the processing technology to produce those and current materials, which have been identified by the commercial team and our strategy.
- Select appropriate material for specific products from a customer application
- Retain, recruit, and grow a strong team with the capability to support the profitable growth goals of the business.
- Empower and coach managers and team members to high levels of productivity, teamwork, and cross-department communication.
- Build sustainable, repeatable, documented processes and procedures, which advance standardization, drive out errors, reduce engineering time/costs, and ensure compliance of engineering outputs with project specifications, functional requirements, and established engineering practices.
- Assists managers in identifying and evaluating corporate technical capability gaps, which will help strengthen key technologies.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of the quality management system and direction of the Quality team.
- Manage capital equipment projects with a focus on meeting cost, timing and reliability expectations.
- Directs the activities of, and supervise, the IT team to meet the technology needs of the organization.
- Required to perform other appropriate duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Apply View All Openings Print