At Superior Technical Ceramics (STC), we are committed to advancing all employees as problem solvers, in a supportive, safe learning environment, in order to ignite the future of our employees, to develop a competitive edge, and to increase value for our customers. We’re are currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager (SCM) for our St. Albans, Vermont facility, to support and grow our supply chain team and our processes. The suitable candidate will have a meaningful impact on the company’s future!
We’re seeking an enthusiastic individual for managing and helping people, with an expertise in production planning, supplier management, logistics, and inventory management to meet the needs of our customers within a quickly growing global manufacturing and technology company.
As the Supply Chain Manager at STC, you will be supporting a staff of 10 individuals in a 150+ person organization and will be an essential coach in support of operational continuous improvement. That support includes the enhancement of our production planning processes, through a focus on waste reduction. Specifically, the SCM will be tasked with decreasing the production of items that are manufactured well before their requirement; decreasing the amount of inventory kept at stock; improve STC inventory management processes; improve our organizational wide forecast processes; and improve the material and communication flow between STC and subcontracted suppliers.
In the role of SCM, you’ll work closely within the Operations department leadership team, as well as counterparts in Quality, Engineering, Finance, and Sales to ensure we’re thinking of solutions that benefit our customers and STC equally.
You should be familiar with:
• Basic principles of lean management systems • Production planning in a low volume, high mix environment
• Establishing new and working with existing suppliers on quality, delivery, and cost
• Comprehensive knowledge on domestic and international logistics and compliance
• Experience implementing inventory management strategies in support of customer demand fulfillment
• Have experience working in a lean management system and coaching team members
• Experience utilizing Microsoft Excel to connect and/or consolidate data through pivot tables, charting data, and able to created compound and complex formulas.
You’ll be able to:
• Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future and share in the rewards accordingly
• Improve processes quickly and without red tape • Work in a fun, fast paced environment