The spray dry operator is responsible for producing spray dried ceramic powders from formulations given by an engineer and maintaining the given specifications.
- Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent preferred
- 1-5 years’ experience preferred. HS diploma or comparable work experience required.
- Fork lift experience preferred. Ability to attain and maintain STC forklift certification required.
- Ability to attain and maintain respirator certification.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with personnel within the facility;
- Effective time management skills to maintain production schedules.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of basic arithmetic
- Batches formulations of ceramic powders per SOP and WIs.
- Batches inorganic raw materials such as alumina, zirconia, talc, and clay, as well as inorganic dispersants, binders, internal lubricants, plasticizers, defoamers, and pH adjusters per written instruction.
- Inputs both batch data and product yields into the database either manually or using a barcode system.
- Operates processing equipment using mills/bead mills including charging, discharging, and scheduling/setting automatic timers;
- Operates and cleans spray dryers, v-blenders, pumps, mixers, bulk bag towers, vibrating sieves, and vacuum transport systems.
- Reads temperature and pressure gauges; adjusts parameters to meet process specifications with engineering approval.
- Properly seals, labels, and stores spray dried powders.
- Regularly cleans/maintains auxiliary equipment including pumps, filters, and hoses promptly after use.
- Promptly reports maintenance problems, assists with troubleshooting problems, and keeps a log of PM
- Operates forklift. Transports raw materials and finished product between facilities.
- Promptly notifies the appropriate personnel when consumable items, such as super sacks, barrels, pallets, barrel bags, etc., reach their reorder point.
- Conforms to appropriate OSHA safety regulations for confined spaces.
- May perform other production duties as assigned.
Apply View All Openings Print