Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory, and specially designed facilities for industry-leading OEMs.
We are 140+ highly skilled employees strong who bring together a range of scientific, engineering, and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets. Come join our team and help make a difference!
We are currently hiring for:
Spray Dry Operator
The spray dry operator is responsible for producing spray dried ceramic powders from formulations given by an engineer and maintaining the given specifications.
- Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent preferred
- 1-5 years’ experience preferred. HS diploma or comparable work experience required.
- Fork lift experience preferred. Ability to attain and maintain STC forklift certification required.
- Ability to attain and maintain respirator certification.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with personnel within the facility;
- Effective time management skills to maintain production schedules.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of basic arithmetic
- Batches formulations of ceramic powders per SOP and WIs.
- Batches inorganic raw materials such as alumina, zirconia, talc, and clay, as well as inorganic dispersants, binders, internal lubricants, plasticizers, defoamers, and pH adjusters per written instruction.
- Inputs both batch data and product yields into the database either manually or using a barcode system.
- Operates processing equipment using mills/bead mills including charging, discharging, and scheduling/setting automatic timers;
- Operates and cleans spray dryers, v-blenders, pumps, mixers, bulk bag towers, vibrating sieves, and vacuum transport systems.
- Reads temperature and pressure gauges; adjusts parameters to meet process specifications with engineering approval.
- Properly seals, labels, and stores spray dried powders.
- Regularly cleans/maintains auxiliary equipment including pumps, filters, and hoses promptly after use.
- Promptly reports maintenance problems, assists with troubleshooting problems, and keeps a log of PM
- Operates forklift. Transports raw materials and finished product between facilities.
- Promptly notifies the appropriate personnel when consumable items, such as super sacks, barrels, pallets, barrel bags, etc., reach their reorder point.
- Conforms to appropriate OSHA safety regulations for confined spaces.
- May perform other production duties as assigned.
Best in Class Compensation & Industry Leading 15% Shift Premium
New Hire Relocation Assistance Bonus (If applicable)
STC offers a highly competitive benefits package which includes:
Medical/Dental/Vision/Paid Time Off/401(k)/Profit Sharing/Tuition Assistance
Interested applicants should apply online at: www.ceramics.net
or send your resume via email: email@example.com
Employment with STC may require or otherwise provide access to data and technology controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To ensure applicants will be able to carry out duties associated with employment, STC may offer employment only to applicants who qualify as a “U.S. person,” including U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and other “protected individuals,” as defined by applicable law. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Apply View All Openings Print