The Senior Maintenance Technician plays a vital role by supporting production through preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of both CNC and general machinery on the shop floor. Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Senior Maintenance Technician is responsible for all types of machine repair, including the execution of Preventative Maintenance programs and tasks. The Senior Maintenance Technician has the ability to influence and impact the Maintenance budget with recommendations/decisions that are made to repair and/or replace equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly; must be able to stand for periods of up to 3 hours.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivation, adaptability, tactfulness, and decisiveness. Ability to work with co-workers to accomplish work with a high level of quality and efficiency.
- Ability to prioritize workloads with minimal supervision and plan work effectively.
- Candidates must have proven ability to work well with others, be self-motivated, work with little or no supervision, multi-task and prioritize daily.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Maintain the function and reliability of manufacturing systems and associated equipment by performing reactive machine maintenance. This includes but is not limited to mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repairing of manual and automated equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts; operating and testing systems and equipment to validate repairs.
- Troubleshoot and perform required electrical maintenance on motors and controls, analog and digital devices, computers and PLC’s, CNC controls, safety circuits, power supplies, robotics, mechanical and hydraulic systems, CNC machines and, and other equipment.
- Provides continuous improvement ideas as related to cost savings and safety.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, in the effort to increase the runtime of the entire facility.
- Understand of ladder diagrams/logic and competent in the programming and troubleshooting of programmable controllers.
- Understanding of mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems as well as drawings of such systems to facilitate repair efforts.
- Ability to utilize precision instruments in either Metric or English measurement systems.
- Effectively communicate through written communication to address maintenance repair needs.
- Experience planning, scheduling, and ordering materials for all types of electrical construction jobs.
- Ability to document electrical changes and or new installations through written information and/or prints.
- Experience operating forklifts for repair of equipment.
- Other duties as required.
Apply View All Openings Print