Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory and specially designed facilities for industry leading OEMs.
The 160+ highly skilled employees bring together a range of scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor and Instrumentation Markets.
Senior CNC Machinist
The successful candidate will be able to perform complex setups, troubleshoot and proficiently operate the following, but not limited to: 7 Axis Tsugami with Dual Processors, 6 Axis Hardinge, Haas and Fanuc Controls, C-axis programming, and Hurco controls. The position requires knowledge of all machine speeds, feeds, materials, cutter tool geometry and safe operating practices. This position will also perform instruction and training for coworkers, including checking setups, work and operation of equipment, and part signoffs.
- A minimum of 8 years of machine shop experience, 10-15 years of experience preferred
- Experience with Mastercam and AutoCad preffered
- Thorough knowledge of machining operations including lathes, milling machines, and multi-task machines.
- Programming and operating multi-axis milling and lathe machines
- Ability to translate engineering drawings into machine program by direct download or design
- Ability to develop program, troubleshoot, and optimize machining program
- Ability to operate precision measuring instruments
- Ability to perform high precision machining to tight tolerances and knowledge of geometrical tolerances and drafting symbols
- Excellent math skills commensurate with geometric calculations and other necessary calculations and conversions.
- Knowledge of shop procedures and job travelers
- Ability to maintaining a record of accomplishment in good attendance, avoidance of conflict and willingness to accept feedback and make continuous effort for improvement.
- General knowledge of necessary safety precautions in use of rotating tools, parts, and prevention of the associated hazards
- Knowledge of OSHA/EPA regulations.
- Assumes total responsibility for quality of own work, such as G-code and blueprint programming.
- Utilizes all inspection equipment and tooling necessary to check own work, including (fill in measuring equipment examples), etc.
- Performs complex setups and tool sharpening of PCD and Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex production problems optimizing machining and tooling efficiency to establish improvements resulting in higher quantity and improved quality of parts.
- Employs a thorough knowledge of all machining, speeds, feeds, material and cutting tools.
- May assist with designing and fabricating special cutting tools, custom jigs, tooling and fixtures as required
- Employs a thorough knowledge of shop math; interprets engineering drawings, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Communicates effectively with engineers, coworkers and others during problem resolution and instructions.
- Communicates the status of all jobs in flow at shift change, to effect a continued, smooth workflow.
- Commitment to Safety
- Performs other related duties, as required.
Apply View All Openings Print