Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory and specially designed facilities for industry leading OEMs.
The 165+ highly skilled employees bring together a range of scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets.
Sales Support Representative
Sales Support provides commercial customer support to assure STC knows & exceeds customer expectations to maximize customer loyalty, and performs Sales account management support functions of RFQ generation, quote creation and capture, order management, contract planning document creation, and forecasting to maximize bookings and profitability.
- AS in Business / related field or equivalent job experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-5 years of work experience in customer service with a manufacturing company
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously and completing them on time.
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Able to work within a team environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Demonstrated proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
- Effectively build strong customer relationships, and promotes STC’s current and future capabilities to prospects and customers
- Provide and model exemplary customer service necessary to develop long-term relationships with customers
- Creates customer loyalty and value through excellent customer support and industry leading contract (order) performance
- Prepares, processes, and follows up on business activity with customers, including quotes, orders, inventory, forecasting, contract cost/price, spreadsheets, etc.
- Participates in continually improving the function and efficiency of the position.
- Provides, as needed, general office administrative assistance, including answering phones, filing, copying, data entry, etc.
Quote Creation and Execution
- Creates and send all quotes in territory and key account responsibility using Masters for estimating cost and lead time repeat part quotes, and the Estimation team for new part quotes
- Assure that customer’s expectations are clearly defined with regard to performance, value added, schedule of deliverables, T&Cs, and payment schedules
Order Management Execution
- Order Management functions including customer PO review and reconciliation, order entry, internal documentation release, forecasting, communication and acceleration of delivery status, RMA resolution, and collections support
- Processes the release of shipments in accordance with the terms of the customer purchasing agreements
- Detect customer situations/attitudes and work with Sales Team and management to establish the company position and action plan
Customer account management
- Record and maintain customer contact data and forecasts utilizing CRM and Visual
- Bring the customer’s voice directly into our business for the purpose of enhancing the organizational orientation toward satisfying the customer
- Indentifies when customer booking and shipment pace is lower than anticipated
- Calls customers and prospects to ask for orders and/or opportunity to quote
- Creates contract planning spread sheets with forecasts, historic volumes, costs, prices and margins for outside sales needed to develop new contract proposals and renewals
- Assists outside sales in capturing open quotes
Other related duties as required
Apply View All Openings Print