The Regional Sales Manager is the prime contact for customers, and coordinates the technical support from Market Application Engineers, commercial support from Customer Service, and additional local territory coverage from sales channels (as needed). The Regional Sales Manager functions include, but are not limited to, territory coverage and distribution management, customer relationship building, opportunity management, pricing strategy creation, negotiation, and order capture to grow sales and profitability.
This position will be located out of the Regional Sales Mangers home office, within any state in the US, near a major airport.
1. BS in Business / related field or equivalent job experience; MBA is a plus
2. 10 years of work experience in technical sales with manufacturing company
3. Proven success to develop territories and representatives to profitably growth the business
4. Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications
5. Ability to work independently as a remote employee
6. Exceptional interpersonal skills
7. Strong project management and time management skills
8. Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
9. Able to build strong relationships with customers, employees and management
10. Solid business acumen, management reporting, and problem solving
11. Detail oriented, organized, a highly motivated leader of people, and champion of improvements
12. Demonstrated proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
13. Expected travel is 50-75% monthly (11-15 days / month)
1. Customer and territory development
• Effectively build strong customer relationships, promote STC’s current and future capabilities to prospects and customers, and assures STC gets qualified to participate in quotations and product development opportunities.
• Develop regional sales plan to support the overall Marketing and Sales plan
• Make customer presentations that demonstrate how STC and its products/services provides superior customer value
• Visits OEMs, spec developers, government agencies, end users, tradeshows and conferences to obtain customer specific information on pricing, commercial terms, and expectations
• Execute Business Development budget objectives and strategies, and maximize value to the customer.
• Indentify, evaluate, and submit recommendations for representatives as needed
• Participates in tradeshows exhibited by STC; primarily as a relationship builder
• Create customer loyalty through excellent customer service, superior technical support, and industry leading contract (order) performance
• Provide and model exemplary customer service necessary to develop long-term relationships with customers
2. Quote Pipeline execution
• Qualify and accelerate leads & inquiries into opportunities
• Assure that customer’s expectations are clearly defined with regard to performance, value added, schedule of deliverables, T&Cs, and payment schedules
• Negotiate and accelerate the capture of opportunities
• Progress opportunities from the sample stage to production runs
• Develop, track and manage plans for high growth and high potential customer opportunities
• Record and maintain client contact data utilizing CRM and trip reports
3. Order Entry and Contract (Order) Management support
• Supports the reconciliation of customer POs, coordinates customer electronic drawing transfer to accelerate WO release, provides accurate order forecasting for production and M&S management needs, and assists in delivery, RMA, and collections resolution.
4. Other related duties as required