Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory and specially designed facilities for industry leading OEMs.
The 140+ highly skilled employees bring together a range of scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets.
The Quality Technician will be responsible for activities that drive Quality improvement and compliance to defined requirements, including STC’s Quality Management System (QMS). This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that requirements for processing products and services, and other materials, into finished goods and services conform to quality standards.
- AS in manufacturing/related field preferred, or equivalent job experience.
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, including GDT, standards, and specifications.
- Understands quality terms, definitions, and concepts; understand principles of traceability.
- Understands statistical terms, plotting data, and identify deviated conditions.
- Familiar with measurement methods, techniques, and terminology.
- Understands the difference between precision and accuracy.
- Read and interpret drawings/blueprints including an understanding of critical, major, and minor characteristics; knowledge of ASME Y14.5; understand both Cartesian and Polar coordinate systems.
- Completion of STC Quality Evaluation:
- may include, but is not limited to, higher level math, GD&T, computer skills, etc.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to work independently.
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to support AS9100 and/or ISO9001 Internal Auditor activities, or equivalent experience.
- Expected travel is estimated at ≤10% annually.
- Provide hands on support to Quality processes and activities, including but not limited to: Quality Plan Processes, Calibration Process, Measurement Equipment, Non-Destructive Testing Processes, Return Material Authorization activities, and NC activities.
- Ability to perform in-house calibrations, cleaning, repair, maintenance, and data entry of the same.
- Successfully operate and develop programs on all measuring equipment (e.g. CMM, VCMM, etc) in the department utilizing knowledge of 3D vector math, geometry, trigonometry, etc
- Carry out assignments critical in conducting Quality Assurance responsibilities of the business, including departmental support in the form of computer, electronic, technical, and other support, as necessary.
- Conduct inspections/testing to ensure products and/or services comply with customer requirements and within established guidelines. When products and/or services do not meet specifications, reports defects and potentially may identify causes, including measurement method(s) and any potential error.
- Responsible for interfacing with other departmental personnel to facilitate processing and/or testing of product and/or service to ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Assist with continuous improvement of the QMS, as applicable.
- Work hands on with personnel from all areas of the business to sustain and improve processes.
- Promote continuous improvement efforts and initiatives in all aspects of Quality and STC.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the QMS and all other applicable standards.
- Other related duties as assigned or required.
New Hire Relocation Assistance Bonus (If applicable
STC offers a competitive salary & benefits package which includes:
Medical/Dental/Vision/Paid Time Off/401(k)/Profit Sharing/Tuition Assistance
Interested applicants should apply online at: www.ceramics.net
or send your resume via email: email@example.com
Employment with STC may require or otherwise provide access to data and technology controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To ensure applicants will be able to carry out duties associated with employment, STC may offer employment only to applicants who qualify as a “U.S. person,” including U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and other “protected individuals,” as defined by applicable law. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Apply View All Openings Print