Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory and specially designed facilities for industry leading OEMs.
The 140+ highly skilled employees bring together a range of scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets.
The production planner/scheduler analyzes customer demand from material requirements planning systems and coordinates the production schedule to ensure timely delivery of commercial ceramic products.
- College degree or comparable work experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong, clear, and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Knowledge in production scheduling and planning is a plus.
- Familiarity with the concepts of 5S and lean manufacturing desirable.
- Organize, plan, and manages production schedules according to demand, quality standards, capacity, and capacity restraints to ensure that the master schedule is substantial to fill the demand.
- Identifies and helps to resolve bottlenecks, part shortages, machine maintenance, workforce issues, and shop capacity.
- Provides commitment dates to customer service based on capacity within our master schedule using our ERP system. Analyze customer demand and expedites against the current master schedule to determine production plan.
- Works with manufacturing supervisors to obtain feedback about the production status. Analyze and measure the current production status and identify problem areas that inhibit full schedule execution. Provides feedback to area leaders' schedule achieved versus planned.
- Communicate production plans to all levels of the organization.
- Creating, modifying, realistic manufacturing strategies for new product introductions and existing products to support STC production schedule.
- Review forecasts and safety stock with customer service to modify production plan.
- Make recommendations to the production manager regarding the need to shift production personnel and overtime requirements.
- Work with the production and engineering staff to improve quality, safety, cost, and productivity. Update and maintain part masters with respect to production methods.
- Develop production schedules that make the most efficient use of time and resources.
- Keep track of production numbers and arrives at several back up plans quickly to accommodate unexpected customer demands or production issues.
- Must always professionally conduct him or herself and exude a professional appearance.
- Other duties as required.
New Hire Relocation Assistance Bonus (If applicable
STC offers a competitive salary & benefits package which includes:
Medical/Dental/Vision/Paid Time Off/401(k)/Profit Sharing/Tuition Assistance
Interested applicants should apply online at: www.ceramics.net
or send your resume via email: email@example.com
Employment with STC may require or otherwise provide access to data and technology controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To ensure applicants will be able to carry out duties associated with employment, STC may offer employment only to applicants who qualify as a “U.S. person,” including U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and other “protected individuals,” as defined by applicable law. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Apply View All Openings Print