Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory and specially designed facilities for industry leading OEMs.
The 140+ highly skilled employees bring together a range of scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets.
The Production Manager has the responsibility to ensure safe, efficient, and effective operation of Superior Technical Ceramics’ St. Albans, Vermont plant. This requires overall coordination of production across four departments, while leading process improvements in production that optimize plant systems, product quality, and improving customer satisfaction. The Production Manager will be knowledgeable in lean manufacturing, including the reduction of variability, waste elimination, and theory of constraints to drive continuous improvement in production. This position is also responsible for leading production in its mission to meet or exceed all of our metrics for safety, quality, delivery, uptime, throughput and cost.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Industrial Engineering or equivalent training and experience with a preference for planning & logistics management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- Sound quality practices and understanding of Quality Management Systems, Lean Manufacturing, and Business Process Optimization
- Excellent leadership, presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to subordinates, peers, and management
- Organizes and manages a team of 4 production supervisors, and directs the work of all production activities, including ensuring control and compliance to the quality management system’s established processes and operating procedures and the master production schedule.
- Lead and collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering team to stabilize manufacturing processes to produce repeatable results. Work in collaboration with department managers and supervisors to identify non-value added waste in the manufacturing process.
- Communicate and report production and process performance metrics to production teams, plant operations staff, and functional leaders. Ensure that production targets and delivery requirements are met on a daily and weekly basis, by diagnosing existing manufacturing processes and work-flows to identify and recommend process design changes and opportunities to improve existing procedures, work instructions, and related tools to meet the requirements of workflow processes.
- Continually ensure equipment and all safety measures are in place, and that all plant personnel have the required safety training. Promptly addresses safety issues to ensure all processes and procedures are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Focus on daily customer and process-related issues to improve customer satisfaction and achieving quality goals by defining and implementing projects and processes that facilitate sustained improvements in people, quality, on-time delivery, and process efficiencies.
- Coordinates and implements strategies related to material, people, and communication flow to ensure timely completion and support of the master production schedule and inventory plans.
- Works with production planning to establish priorities for production; scheduling work immediately as orders are received, rather than waiting until deadlines approach.
- Responsible for leading chronic Quality issue projects in Manufacturing, with scrap reduction as a priority. Works collaboratively with Engineering and Quality management team to ensure all expectations of our customers with to respect to quality and on-time delivery are met.
- Maintains a strong presence in the production departments to ensure that the departments’ work meets company quality standards and shipping deadlines.
- Partners with Manufacturing Engineering Manager for new product and process development and introductions.
- Develop, implement, and monitor training, qualification and development programs for new and experienced operators, team leaders, and production supervisors. Works closely with Human Resources department to achieve optimal staffing levels, staffing assignments, and employee productivity.
- Perform performance reviews and develop and reinforce career and talent development plans for direct and indirect labor employees.
- Spearheads the promotion of 6S Visual Workplace Manufacturing to improve plant floor organization, safety, and cleanliness among plant staff.
New Hire Relocation Assistance Bonus (If applicable
STC offers a competitive salary & benefits package which includes:
Medical/Dental/Vision/Paid Time Off/401(k)/Profit Sharing/Tuition Assistance
Interested applicants should apply online at: www.ceramics.net
or send your resume via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment with STC may require or otherwise provide access to data and technology controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To ensure applicants will be able to carry out duties associated with employment, STC may offer employment only to applicants who qualify as a “U.S. person,” including U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and other “protected individuals,” as defined by applicable law. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Apply View All Openings Print