Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory and specially designed facilities for industry leading OEMs.
The 165+ highly skilled employees bring together a range of scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets.
The Process Engineer is responsible for the safe, efficient, and high quality production of materials for use in the production of technical ceramic components.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ceramic, Materials Science, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated expertise in the production and testing of ceramic compositions and sintered compositions using all recognized material science and analytical tools
- Strong computer skills (JMP/Minitab, Microsoft Office). SQL experience desirable.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to make logical and timely decisions under pressure
- Familiarity with basic analytical testing methods (e.g. optical microscopy, particle size analysis, surface area analysis) for the materials industry
- Strong organizational skills with high functioning work prioritization and time management
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Above average mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Able to build mutual respect and create confidence in the work place with other employees
- Reliable and committed to meet goals set by management
- Enthusiastic working attitude willing to go “above and beyond”
- Strong leadership skills and “job ownership” with an interest in personal growth
- Oversee technical body preparation activity, including operating equipment
- Implement and manage statistical process control for process and product properties
- Troubleshoot material quality issues with internal and external powder customers
- Manage and refine specifications for raw and manufactured materials
- Manage area operating procedures. Serve as trainer for process equipment.
- Work with raw material and processing equipment suppliers
- Assist in the creation and implementation of new material products and technology from concept/lab scale to production
- Assist in scheduling materials production and improving inventory control practices
- Organize process equipment and improve work flow, using lean and 5S business practices
- Support group compliance and continuous improvements for AS9100/ISO9001
- Write and present weekly progress reports
- Other engineering and administrative duties and projects as assigned
Apply View All Openings Print