Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory and specially designed facilities for industry leading OEMs.
The 160+ highly skilled employees bring together a range of scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets.
The Materials Scientist is responsible for the development of new ceramic materials and the improvement of existing materials for use in the production of technical ceramic components.
- MS Materials Science or Ceramic Engineering plus 3 years experience required
- Ph. D in Materials Science or Ceramic Engineering preferred
- Demonstrated experience in ceramic processes required. Spray drying process expertise preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical testing equipment for the materials industry
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Strong troubleshooting and multitasking skills with the ability to make logical and timely decisions under pressure
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Able to build mutual respect and create confidence in the workplace with other employees
- Strong leadership and job ownership skills with an interest in personal growth
- Primary technical lead working with Business Development to develop new products
- Technical assistance to Business Development for materials selection for new customer applications
- Technical assistance to internal customers for ceramic spray dried powders
- Present technical reports/presentations for internal/external customers and raw material/equipment vendors
- Technical lead in the creation, documentation, and implementation of developmental material technology transfer from concept / lab scale to production
- Develop specifications for new raw materials and products
- Coordinate and develop processes and protocols for the production of new materials
- Work with cross-functional teams for continuous improvements of existing ceramic materials
- Develop and present technical education courses to internal employees
- Keep pace with new applications of technical ceramics and potential opportunities for external research partnerships
- Support group engineers in daily production efforts as needed
- Other engineering and administrative duties and projects as assigned
Apply View All Openings Print