Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory and specially designed facilities for industry leading OEMs.
The 165+ highly skilled employees bring together a range of scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets.
Market & Application Engineer
The Market and Application Engineer serves as the prime contact for identifying and developing customers in new markets and new applications, and provides technical support for the Sales team and existing customers. Market and Application Engineers are experts in market dynamics, customer’s equipment and applications, STC and competitor products, STC and customer production processes, and STC and customer quality processes.
The Marketing functions include, but are not limited to, product (innovation and development), promotion (lead generation and brand), and margin development to grow sales and profitability.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent job experience; MBA preferred
- 3 years of work experience in technical ceramic / structural materials with manufacturing company
- Ability to develop market studies and developing markets
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications
- Ability to work with outside ad agencies
- Excellent continuous improvement experience (Lean preferred)
- Able to create new M&S policies, procedures and processes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership, project management, and time management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Able to build strong relationships with customers, employees and management
- Solid business acumen, management reporting, and problem solving
- Detail oriented, organized, a highly motivated leader of people, and champion of improvements
- Demonstrated proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
- Expected travel is 20-30% quarterly (12-20 days / quarter)
- Provides technical selling, support and problem solving to prospects, customers and Sales
- Provides back up and guidance for new product and new process estimates
- Develops and executes lead generation, demand creation, and product selection processes
- Visits OEMs, spec developers, government agencies, end users, tradeshows and conferences to obtain customer specific information on products, applications, trends, and expectations.
- Executes Business Development budget objectives and strategies, and maximize value to the customer
Market development and lead generation
- Creates market reports and market plans by providing research, analyzing and communication of information, trends and strategies on customers, markets, products, and competitors in specified markets
- Develops, executes, and communicates global marketing programs, strategic initiatives, business objectives, margin strategies, and product line activities in specific markets
- Plans, communicates and executes promotional & product launch goals. Promotional and product launch responsibilities include advertising, trade shows, press releases, conference papers, collaterals, sales tools, marketing guides, customer and company presentations, direct mail, web content, etc.
- Participates in tradeshows exhibited by STC. Responsible for brand by creating displays, graphics, and literature.
- Responsible for preparation of technical articles for publishing in magazines and presenting at shows, conferences and technical meetings.
- Identify and implement product development and service opportunities throughout the company. Justify and propose investment in equipment and labor to successfully bring the new opportunity to market, coordinate strategies and action plans to accomplish agreed upon goals, and track projects to completion
- Identify new requirements of existing products and services, and work with R&D, Operations, Masters & CAD Eng, and Quality to develop the products and services needed
- Gets qualified as a preferred supplier on customer drawings and on Approved Supplier Lists
- Identify, coordinate communication with, and justify potential acquisitions and strategic alliances to accelerate sales growth
Contract (Order) Execution
- Supports Sales’ and Production’s responsibility of managing contract performance
- Facilitates problem solving for cost reduction projects, customer complaints and RMAs
Other related duties as required
Apply View All Openings Print