Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory and specially designed facilities for industry leading OEMs.
The 165+ highly skilled employees bring together a range of scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets.
Manufacturing Engineer – Thermal Processing
The Manufacturing Engineer drives thermal process development for new and existing product, and supports engineering initiatives to improve product quality, process efficiency, and department productivity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Materials Science, Chemical, or Ceramic Engineering
- Process engineering and design
- Experience operating production and laboratory equipment such as furnaces, ovens, programmable controllers, materials characterization equipment, etc.
- Strong organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Thermal processing/sintering; firing cycle design
- Experience with PID/PLC controllers
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, or equivalent software
- Combustion kiln experience
- Lead development of ceramic thermal processes, both in new and existing materials/processes, utilizing DOE, profile development, and lab analysis
- Drive process improvements affecting yields, capacity, cycle times, and cost
- Develop standardization in kiln department, which may include job instructions, production control boards, noncompliance procedures, etc.
- Contribute to the identification, justification, and implementation of capital equipment and engineering projects to support manufacturing objectives
- Optimize machine and material process parameters based on LEAN principles, DOE, statistical analysis and materials science
- Work closely with technicians/production personnel in process tracking, optimization, and troubleshooting
- Provide technical support to resolve manufacturing disruptions, then develop and implement permanent, sustainable countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence
- Develop and deliver training materials in areas identified that require increased organizational awareness and/or functional knowledge
- Manage the selection, performance monitoring, and ordering of refractory materials
- Learn and stay current with applicable kiln hardware, including combustion and electric kilns, and their subcomponents
- Interface with sales and business development team to assist customers in production build programs
- Other duties as required
- After hours on-call support as required
Apply View All Openings Print