The Manufacturing Engineer provides mechanical and industrial engineering support to improve product quality, process efficiency, and department productivity.
- Bachelors degree in Ceramic, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience with 5+ years manufacturing experience working with process and automation equipment.
- Display a bias for action in situations of uncertainty, with proactive attention to issues and problems.
- Experience with statistical analysis and statistical software
- Strong, clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the operation of production equipment
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Design, develop, and industrialize ceramic manufacturing processes and equipment to create cohesive manufacturing platforms, thereby enabling increased product quality, reductions in manufacturing cost, and/or enabling new products with advantaged attributes.
- Drive for root-cause fundamental understanding of current limitations in manufacturing platforms. Use scientific method and engineering principles to solve problems thoroughly and effectively, using well designed and executed process experiments. Validate solutions through follow up reviews and measurements.
- Provide technical support to resolve manufacturing disruptions, then develop and implement permanent, sustainable countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Develop plant and cell layouts to improve flow through the process, work with key stakeholders to gain buy in and support, develop implementation plans, and monitor areas post execution to verify efficiency improvements.
- Develop systems and methods to enable quick changeover from one product or process to another.
- Design and specify tooling and or fixture requirements, supporting and engaging tool-room personnel, production supervisors, machine operators, and suppliers through verbal and/or written documentation.
- Participate on new product development launch teams to ensure that products launch using known best practices with a focus on highest possible initial quality.
- Lead MRB process, build consensus around dispositions and corrective actions, monitor results for reoccurrence.
- Contribute in the identification, justification, and implementation of capital machinery and tooling projects that will support the manufacturing platform objectives.
- Provide manufacturing expertise for product developments or enhancements to product interacting with Materials Engineering and other support personnel.
- Other duties as required.
Apply View All Openings Print