The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for keeping machines, mechanical equipment, and the general STC facility in good repair.
• Some level of proficiency in one of all of the following: electrical, plumbing, welding, fabrication, carpentry.
• Proficiency in the use of a variety of tools ranging from common hand and power tools (hammers, saws, drills and wrenches) to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
• Hands-on mechanical ability
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems
• Good customer service skills to work effectively with co-workers and users of the equipment and the facility.
• Valid driver’s license required to drive STC vehicle locally
1. Perform one or all of the following types of maintenance work:
Electrical, plumbing, welding, fabrication, and carpentry
2. Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that production machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
3. Repair or replace defective equipment parts, and reassemble equipment to working order.
4. Diagnose mechanical problems, determine how to correct them, and repair as appropriate.
5. Move and relocate current machinery, and install new machinery.
6. Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
7. Paint and repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, drywall, and other parts of building structures.
8. Perform monthly inspections of fire extinguishers and emergency lights, and address other safety concerns
9. Operate a forklift and manlift
10. Other maintenance duties as assigned