The Machine Operator, 2nd Shift, runs the machines, such as lathes, mills, drill presses, grinders, and mechanical and isostatic presses, to efficiently produce quality ceramic components.
Monday - Thursday, 10 Hour Shifts: 3:00 PM - 1:30 AM
- 1-2 years of prior machine operator/manufacturing experience a plus, or equivalent classroom experience
- Ability to read calipers and micrometers
- Attention to detail, with the ability to follow precise instructions and procedures
- High comfort level working with computers
- Ability to work independently, and under the pressure of deadlines
- Safely loads and unloads the production machines
- Runs the machines to make the finished product, staying focused despite the routine nature of the job
- Checks the quality of the finished product using the tools assigned
- Identifies non-conforming products and halts production when necessary
- Fills out SPC (statistical process control) sheets when applicable
- Keeps track of individual production by logging in/out of our MRP/Barcode system and counting completed parts
- Reads and follows routing instructions, and brings finished parts to the next department.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, performing a variety of other machining operations in any one of STC’s three production locations
Apply View All Openings Print