Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory and specially designed facilities for industry leading OEMs.
The 165+ highly skilled employees bring together a range of scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets.
Inside Sales Representative
The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for both sales and customer service of existing key customer accounts. Interaction with customers will be primarily over the phone, with field visits required as needed.
The Inside Sales Representative functions include, but are limited to, account management, customer relationship building, RFQ generation, quote creation and capture, order management, contract planning, sales and order forecasting, and coordinating technical support from Market Application Engineers.
- 4-year college degree required; BS/BA preferred in Technical field
- 3-5 years of work experience in inside sales with a manufacturing company
- Ability to discuss with some degree of proficiency technical issues involving manufacturing methods, drawings, standards, and specifications
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously and completing them on time
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Able to work as part of an integrated team in a fluid environment
- Strong analytical, creative thinking, interpretation, problem solving abilities, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage details and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Solid business acumen, management reporting, and problem solving
- Demonstrated proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
- Expected travel is approximately 10-15 days per year
- Effectively build strong relationships and promote STC’s current and future capabilities to existing customers
- Provides and model exemplary customer service necessary to develop long-term relationships with customers
- Creates customer loyalty through excellent customer service, superior technical support, and industry leading contract (order) performance
- Executes Business Development strategies and maximizes value to the customer
- Develops sales plans to support the overall Marketing and Sales Plan
- Prepare, process, and follows up on business activity with customers, including sales orders, inventory, forecasting, contract cost/price, margin review, maintaining spreadsheets, etc.
- Maintain current business with existing customers and existing products and cultivate new business with existing customers on new products, new parts, and new programs
- Get to know your customers intimately from top to bottom, and develop an awareness of their business and their needs to create value
- Work with external customers and STC internal engineers and quality assurance to quickly resolve any quality
Quote Pipeline Execution
- Qualify and accelerate leads & inquiries into opportunities
- Assure that customer’s expectations are clearly defined with regard to performance, value added, schedule of deliveries, Terms & Conditions, and payment schedules
- Negotiate and accelerate the capture of opportunities
- Progress opportunities from the development/sample stage into volume production.
Order Management Execution
- Supports the reconciliation of customer PO’s, coordinates customer electronic drawing transfer to accelerate work order release, provides accurate forecasting for production and marketing and sales management needs, and assists in delivery, returns, and collection resolution
Customer Account Management
- Record and maintain customer contact data and forecasts utilizing CRM and Visual tools
- Creates contract planning spread sheets with forecasts, historic volumes, costs, prices, and margins needed to develop new contract proposals or renewals
Other Related Duties as Required
Apply View All Openings Print