Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory and specially designed facilities for industry leading OEMs.
The 165+ highly skilled employees bring together a range of scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets.
Director of Engineering
The Director of Engineering is responsible for leading the Engineering Organization to be an efficient, effective organization in implementing the strategic vision as defined by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Highly effective business and technical communication skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Consistent positive attitude that influences the team, partners, and customers
- Strong problem solving skills and approach
- Focused on employee success and growth
- Degree in Ceramic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline
- 7+ years in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Drives innovation through the development and implementation of the technical strategy
- Plan, direct, and coordinate projects and initiatives that support the needs of the business for long term growth, profitability, and quality
- Provides for training, personnel enhancements, and staff development to a highly efficient and technically competent work force
- Institutes the use of engineering tools such as 8D, FMEA, and DOE
- Responsible for fostering a continuous improvement culture in support of quality, productivity, and cost improvements
- Guides and challenges others to construct and execute successful and efficient project plans, including resolution of new or unfamiliar challenges
- Develop and monitor performance criteria for continuous improvement towards high-quality, on-time, and efficient execution
- Build and maintain strong relationships between the Engineering department and other departments including Operations and Business Development
- Supports technical sales requirements through planning and collaboration with the Business Development team
- Develop capital requirements and ensure execution to meet strategic objectives
- Performs administrative duties including hiring, performance assessments, budgeting, resource allocation, etc
Apply View All Openings Print