The CNC Machinist runs and performs basic programs on the CNC machines, such as lathes, mills, drill presses and grinders to efficiently produce quality ceramic components.
1. 2-3 years of prior CNC machine operator/manufacturing experience or equivalent classroom experience.
2. Ability to read calipers and micrometers
3. Attention to detail, with the ability to follow precise instructions and procedures.
4. High comfort level working with computers
5. Excellent reading comprehension and solid math skills.
6. Ability to work independently, and under the pressure of deadlines
1. Safely loads and unloads the production machines
2. Runs the machines to make the finished product, staying focused despite the routine nature of the job
3. Monitors the operation of the machines and programs in meeting product specifications.
4. Checks the quality of the finished product using the tools assigned.
5. Identifies non-conforming products and halts production when necessary
6. Fills out SPC (statistical process control) sheets when applicable.
7. Keeps track of individual production by logging in/out of our MRP/Barcode system and counting completed parts.
8. Performs required daily maintenance.
9. Detects and reports faulty operations, defective materials and unusual conditions to Department Manger.
10. Reads and follows routing instructions, and brings finished parts to the next department.
11. Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, performing a variety of other machining operations in any one of STC’s three production locations