At Superior Technical Ceramics (STC), we are committed to advancing all employees as problem solvers, in a supportive, safe learning environment, in order to ignite the future of our employees, to develop a competitive edge, and to increase value for our customers. We’re are currently seeking a Ceramic Process Technician for our St. Albans, Vermont facility, to support and grow our supply chain team and our processes. The suitable candidate will have a meaningful impact on the company’s future!
The ceramic process technician is responsible for producing specialty spray dried ceramic powders, maintaining established specifications, and troubleshooting ceramic powder production processes.
- Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent required. BS preferred
- 1-5 experience preferred.
- Fork lift experience preferred.
- Ability to attain and maintain respirator certification.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with personnel within the facility;
- Effective time management skills to maintain production schedules.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of basic arithmetic
- Batches formulations of raw materials per SOP and WIs.
- Operates testing and material characterization equipment. Completes all required process documentation, conforming to AS9100 quality standards. Operates ceramic process equipment including using kilns, mixers, mills/bead mills, spray dryers, blenders, pumps, , vibrating sieves, and vacuum transport systems.
- Reads temperature and pressure gauges; adjusts parameters to meet process specifications with engineering approval.
- Monitors process data/trends to maintain process control.
- Reports atypical process conditions to engineering. Works with engineer(s) to troubleshoot problems and develop corrective actions.
- Properly seals, labels, and stores raw materials and spray dried powders.
- Regularly cleans/maintains processing equipment promptly after use.
- Promptly reports maintenance problems, assists with troubleshooting problems, and keeps a log of PM
- Promptly notifies the appropriate personnel when consumable items, reach their reorder point.Conforms to appropriate OSHA safety regulations for classified spaces.
- May perform other production duties as assigned.
Apply View All Openings Print