Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory and specially designed facilities for industry leading OEMs.
The 165+ highly skilled employees bring together a range of scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets.
The Ceramic Engineer drives new product development and supports engineering initiatives to improve product quality, process efficiency, and department productivity.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in ceramic engineering, materials science or related technical field
- Process engineering and design
- Batch formulation and rheology control of ceramic feedstock
- Thermal processing/sintering; firing cycle design
- Experience operating production and laboratory equipment such as furnaces, ovens, programmable controllers, materials characterization equipment, etc.
- Strong organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Drive end-to-end product development of ceramic injection molded designs; define and characterize requirements for all unit processes including feedstock formulation and batching, forming process, thermal debind and sintering
- Design process tooling per customer specifications, and provide estimates of cost and lead time to support on-time delivery of product
- Perform design reviews with sales/customers that incorporate a detail-oriented perspective on the impact of the forming process on surface finish/artifacts, dimensional accuracy and projected overall integrity of produced parts
- Grow innovation capability to expand the complexity of parts in STC’s portfolio, introduce new materials/powders and advance equipment and technology
- Contribute to the identification, justification and implementation of capital equipment and engineering projects to support manufacturing objectives
- Drive process improvements affecting yields, capacity, cycle times and cost
- Optimize machine and material process parameters based on LEAN principles, DOE, statistical analysis and materials science
- Work closely with technicians/production personnel in process tracking, optimization, and troubleshooting
- Provide technical support to resolve manufacturing disruptions, then develop and implement permanent, sustainable countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence
- Develop and deliver training materials in areas identified that require increased organizational awareness and/or functional knowledge
- Interface with sales and business development team to assist customers in production build programs
- Other duties as required
Apply View All Openings Print